Wednesday, 9 November 2022
Registration and Networking
Address from MFAT
MFAT Chief Trade Negotiator Vangelis Vitalis will discuss recent progress on:
- The Government’s Trade Recovery Strategy including recent trade agreements with the UK and the EU.
- How the CPTPP is growing in strength and stature.
- The refreshed Trade Recovery Strategy including how it will help to deliver widespread and good quality options for Kiwi exporters.
Tech Tigers – Digital disrupters lifting business capability
Byte-sized case studies of exponential growth driven by digital demand
Fuel50 – Fastest growing HR technology vendors
Discover the secret to:
- Fuel50’s 70% year-over-year growth in recurring revenue.
- Using investment opportunities to support strong international growth throughout Europe and North America.
- Fuel50s success in defining their category on a global scale and enabling high fidelity career pathways.
Data Insight & Valocity Global – Innovation for effective business decision making
Carmen Vicelich unpacks how:
- She created two next generation multi-million-dollar, global industry-leading businesses using data and technology to create value.
- Overcoming biases faced as a female tech entrepreneur growing a global business across Australia, India and Asia.
- Utilising data, she can better understand and reach her end consumer to drive business success.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) – What tech hyperscalers can teach NZ exporters
- From scaling Kiwi companies to global hyperscaler – the highs and lows
- Building teams in the face of growth – what I wish I’d known before
- Lessons from a hyperscaler – what Kiwi companies can learn
Q&A Panel Discussion with Tech Tigers
- Building on your X factor
- Become an industry disruptor
- The hurdles and challenges that come with success and how to overcome them.
Networking - Morning Tea
Let’s move it, move it
Shipping and logistics panel
Logistics industry leaders come together to frame the current state of affairs and share their projections on freight rate and cargo availability trends.
- Air cargo trends post Covid19 and what is happening in the smaller package end of the market.
- What is a resilient transport system within New Zealand and how will this support future industry needs.
- Ensure New Zealand maintains a sustainable, secure supply chain and remains competitive on the world stage.
- Projections on passenger and cargo routes and the future of air travel.
Thinking global from day one
Disrupting cosmetic industry giants, one bottle at a time
- Turning environmental sustainability into a first mover advantage and having values that solidify the authenticity of your brand.
- Sustainable sourcing and enabling growth through your supply chain.
- Expanding their product line, breaking into new markets globally and showing no signs of slowing down.
Networking - Lunch
Start up players entering the big investment league
Straker Translations blends human and machine intelligence to be a leader in global translation services.
- Hear how to become a disrupter in a traditional market with the creation of smart tech solutions and a new way of looking at old problems.
- How a tech solution offered scale, price and speed advantages over competitors that paved the way to listing on the ASX
- How additional capital has helped scale the business for future growth.
Seequent – The international success story that’s changing the future of subsurface software
- Explore how Seequent has:
Seen the opportunity to build sophisticated technology that maps the “upside down”.
- Managed significant year on year growth at a rapid pace while being a disruptor in a novel market.
- Excelled enough to attract over a billion dollar sale during a global pandemic, and what that investment adds to future growth prospects in New Zealand and globally.
- Natural Pet Food Group – From paddock to plate
Creating premium brands and products in a globally competitive market and increasingly crowded pet food market.
- Getting in shape to attract investment to support strong international growth.
- The positive benefits of success that comes with external investment.
Global Pulse Check – Market insights
Spotlight On Asia-pacific – Maximising Cutural Understanding To Drive Commercial Success
Panel discussion sharing:
- Experiences with New Zealand firms doing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Best practise methodologies from in-market businesspeople and experts.
- The value of cultural understanding when engaging in the Asia-Pacific.
Painting a post COVID-19 picture - NZ Story deep dives into how the world sees New Zealand
The latest Global Pulse Check Research considers:
- How international perceptions are changing in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic
- In-depth insights into what global consumers care about now.
- How perceptions of NZ have shifted to allow them to better tailor their stories for different markets.
Networking - Afternoon Tea
Adapting to different markets
Market opportunities in a post-Covid world
NZTE Trade Commissioners will beam in from LA and Singapore to provide a panel discussion on market opportunities and consumer sentiment in a post covid world.
Spotlight on Los Angeles
Spotlight on Singapore
From Export Zero to Export Hero
The extraordinary growth story of a small emerging business:
- Shifting an art project into a multi-million dollar manufacturing and export business using a unique business model.
- Decipher Metalbird’s ability to internationalise a tailor made product, to the export market, using scalable methodologies.
- The successful re-imagination of speed to market in a global commerce era.
This is a truly inspiring story from a company with a big future and an opportunity to have your questions answered on how they’ve achieved success.
Networking - Drinks and Canapés
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our event, please reach out. We’ll get back to you within two working days.